About My Trip

This summer I am participating in the Summer Intensive Program at Nagoya University.   This 6-week program in Nagoya, Japan is an opportunity to study with 15 students from NU and 15 International students.  The program will provide a chance to connect with and play a role in automobile technology and offers academic credits towards my graduate degree. 

Thursday, July 10, 2008

So its time to say 'goodbye' for the summer :(

NUSIP 2008 has officially ended...and we went out with a BANG! (literally)  After an Amazing Farewell Party hosted by the program, most of us went out in Sakae for a final time, and one last karaoke (and with Sensei!).  

I spent Thrusday shopping in Osu Kanon and practicing my Japanese in the real world.  I then headed out to Nagoya Dome with Eric and Kenny to find T-shirts with funny sayings (and poor English) on them...success.  I got back just in time to join Yuri, Seigi, Yusuke and most of the NUSIPers for pizza (a rare delacacy in Japan) and then celebrated with HANABI! (fireworks)  Goodbyes at the end of the night were very sad...but I hope that I will return to Japan (maybe even work here?) and I now know I have an amazing group of friends (and network) to return to.

Today I'm going to hit up the Nagoya Art Museum and the International Design Center.  I then will catch a train to Osaka, where I will meet Asae's mom.  I will spend Saturday and some of Sunday with her parents before making my way back to Tokyo (for a day).  I should be able to update 1 last time before heading back to the states.  Wish me happy travels!!

No comments:

Bird's Eye View

Bird's Eye View
Alaska (Left) and Japan (Right)