About My Trip

This summer I am participating in the Summer Intensive Program at Nagoya University.   This 6-week program in Nagoya, Japan is an opportunity to study with 15 students from NU and 15 International students.  The program will provide a chance to connect with and play a role in automobile technology and offers academic credits towards my graduate degree. 

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Final Plans

Hey hey...here I go!

So Monday and Tuesday this week was for work.  We had a final group presentation (60 min) on Monday...it went pretty well, but we're just glad its over.  There is still a 10 page (each) paper to write...so I guess I'll be doing this on the plane.
Tuesday we had our Japanese final.  This included memorizing a favorite event (from the trip) in Japanese and talking about it.  Also being able to ask and answer questions.  Finally, we had individual interviews with Hattori-sensei.  Mine was actually not too bad.  I had originally considered not taking the class since I've had so much stuff for grad school going on...but I'm so glad I did.  I wish I could have studied more so I could actually use what I've learned...but I'm at a pretty good comprehension level.  I will certainly keep up my studies when I get home! (Dad, mom...Rosetta Stone?).
Last night Eric, Charlie, Andrew and I went to shabu shabu for dinner with Hiro.  (Hiro is Japanese and lives in Nagoya and has been hanging out with the guys a lot).  We did All-You-Can-Eat (tabehodai) and they just kept bringing trays of meat that we cooked ourselves on the table...it was totemo oishii! (yum!)  We then went to an *arcade* (I dont' know what else to call it) and found photo booths!  The guys were so glad I was with them because its a "girls only" area, but with 1 girl, they are allowed in.  We definitely had fun putting our heads on different bodies and in funny positions...and then decorating the photos!  Hiro should be getting these in email, so I hope to post them!
I called it a night somewhat early so that I can enjoy our Farewell Party and Karaoke tonight!
So from here:
Wednesday: Final Presentations (remaining groups)
                       Farewell Party
                       KARAOKE!!
Thursday: Shopping in Nagoya (who wants a souvineir?)
Pizza Party and Hanabi (fireworks)
Friday: Moving Out (by 12 noon)
Final Sightseeing and Shopping
Shinkansen to Osaka
Saturday & Sunday: Enjoy Osaka with Asae's parents!!  (Domo!)
Shinkansen to Tokyo
Sunday Night & Monday: Follow Glen's "art guide" through Tokyo
Shinkansen back to Nagoya
Tuesday: Fly Out :-(

I've certainly got an exciting week ahead!

No comments:

Bird's Eye View

Bird's Eye View
Alaska (Left) and Japan (Right)