About My Trip

This summer I am participating in the Summer Intensive Program at Nagoya University.   This 6-week program in Nagoya, Japan is an opportunity to study with 15 students from NU and 15 International students.  The program will provide a chance to connect with and play a role in automobile technology and offers academic credits towards my graduate degree. 

Monday, June 23, 2008

Toyota Museum and Electricity Museum

On Sunday, after a tiny chance to sleep in from the long weekend, Victor and I decided to do some sightseeing since it was our ONLY free day until the program is over.  We headed to the Toyota Museum, which was awesome!  They did a wonderful job of showcasing the cars of the past in a beautiful facility.  

We then headed to the Sakae to see which museums we could enter before the 5:00 closing.  We were only able to make it into the Electricity Museum, which would be fun if you were under 10, and could read Japanese.  Instead we goofed off for a bit and then headed back outside in the very rainy weather.  We were able to walk around a park I had not seen before.  This is where the Nagoya Art Museum is located, and is very close to our apartments.  We were not able to go in, but maybe one day...if we RUN from class.  

It was a very long and exciting weekend, and I am very exhausted!  I spent Sunday night working on my Textile Futures paper (for CoT at home) and will try to finish up my first draft tonight.  We were assigned our final project (with a group) and still have papers after every lecture and studying Japanese.  Busy doesn't begin to describe my schedule...but its all worth it!

No comments:

Bird's Eye View

Bird's Eye View
Alaska (Left) and Japan (Right)