About My Trip

This summer I am participating in the Summer Intensive Program at Nagoya University.   This 6-week program in Nagoya, Japan is an opportunity to study with 15 students from NU and 15 International students.  The program will provide a chance to connect with and play a role in automobile technology and offers academic credits towards my graduate degree. 

Monday, June 2, 2008

The Journey

Looks like I made it!  25 hours of travel time later.  

I left RDU at 9:40 to head to ORD.  With only a 1.5 hour lay-over...things had to go smooth...and they did!  From ORD (Chicago) I had a 13+ hour flight across the US, Canada, and the Pacific Ocean to reach NRT in Tokyo.  During this flight, I watched Jumper, The Spiderwick Chronicles, Vantage Point, and Fools Gold because I couldn't get a wink of sleep.  This was also a smooth transition with a 3 hour lay-over.  I had a solid, deep sleep for 1 hour in Tokyo.  This flight was slightly delayed because of weather, but since it was the last leg, it wasn't too big of a deal.  I slept through this entire 2 hour flight, from lift off to touch down.  Apparently there was a LOT of turbulence and they couldn't even serve the meal they were supposed to.  Didn't bother me.
I arrived in Nagoya with a very smooth baggage claim and customs experience. 
 At the airport, I was greated by two Nagoya University students and a NU professor participating in NUSIP: Ms. Yuri Sakaki, Mr. Seiji Saga, and Professor Mizutani.  Also there was Victor Liu Chen.  Victor is an UCLA student who just finished his Masters in Electrical Engineering. 

We were taken to our rooms and dropped off for the night.  Victor and I are in 
a different building than the rest of the students because we are in single rooms...but they are all just around the block.  After Victor and I dropped off our luggage we headed to a 24H convenience store to grab some breakfast for the morning.  It was a small store with everything prac
tical you could need from fresh cut fruit to mens dress shirts in tiny packages.  
I showered, made myself at home in my BEAUTIFUL room
 and tried to get some sleep.

No comments:

Bird's Eye View

Bird's Eye View
Alaska (Left) and Japan (Right)